Photos for company web sites

for freelance work, i charge a casual flat rate of $150/hour with a camera in my hand, $75/hour i spend in front of a computer, $0.75c/km mileage and any other out of pocket expenses.

repeat/regular business clients get substantial discounts.

for freelance work, i charge a casual flat rate of $150/hour with a camera in my hand, $75/hour i spend in front of a computer, $0.75c/km mileage and any other out of pocket expenses.

repeat/regular business clients get substantial discounts.

WOW!
Very interesting and tks. At least now I have an idea where I'm headed.

What kind of discount for a regular client. and how often would you consider regular?

What kind of discount for a regular client. and how often would you consider regular?

if i get, say, a job per month from a client and it runs to a full day (8 hours in total), i'll generally charge them a flat ~$800 + mileage + expenses.

if i'm getting a job/week from them, that would drop to ~$400 for the day + mileage + expenses.

it also depends on who/what the company is. Banks, for example, NEVER get ANY kind of discount. they pay full whack regardless of how often I do work for them.

if the client is a good mate (or a nice bloke who needs a hand), they get even bigger discounts. the last job i did for a friend (bunch of pictures of jewellery etc for an insurance company) it only cost them a case of beer. which they helped me consume.

please note: i never include prints in those costs. when they pay me, they get a bunch of discs with ready-to-go files on them.

My clients never get the images until i get the $$$ (i've been burned too many times in the past).

if i get, say, a job per month from a client and it runs to a full day (8 hours in total), i'll generally charge them a flat ~$800 + mileage + expenses.

if i'm getting a job/week from them, that would drop to ~$400 for the day + mileage + expenses.

it also depends on who/what the company is. Banks, for example, NEVER get ANY kind of discount. they pay full whack regardless of how often I do work for them.

if the client is a good mate (or a nice bloke who needs a hand), they get even bigger discounts. the last job i did for a friend (bunch of pictures of jewellery etc for an insurance company) it only cost them a case of beer. which they helped me consume.

please note: i never include prints in those costs. when they pay me, they get a bunch of discs with ready-to-go files on them.

My clients never get the images until i get the $$$ (i've been burned too many times in the past).

Thanks for all the info. I've never gotten into making$$$ with my photos, but am getting ready. have put an add in the local paper for 5 weeks, plus cards. People can purchase prints off my web site, but this is all new to me.

The company in question I've dealt with for years and know the owner well. He has worked a lot on my Jeep and always given me good prices. Now he's asked me to do this for him. So since it's a first for him, but long time aquaintance etc...??? Plus he's gone out of his way to have me brought out on some incredible trails. So with him how should I take it. Not a case of beer lol! He told me for a couple times this year. These are usually a week-end thing. But probably a day with him each time unless specified.

just FYI: i can get away with charging $150/hour because i have 18 years professional experience, a wall full of professional awards and $70k worth of gear.

i'd actually suggest, seeing as this bloke is a mate, offer a straight swap.

you'll do a days work for him for expenses only and he owes you a full service on your car, for the cost of parts only.

mind you, get him to tell anyone who asks "gee, he charged me a fortune, but it's worth every penny".

good will and word of mouth early on in your pro career is worth more than a mere days pay.

just FYI: i can get away with charging $150/hour because i have 18 years professional experience, a wall full of professional awards and $70k worth of gear.

i'd actually suggest, seeing as this bloke is a mate, offer a straight swap.

you'll do a days work for him for expenses only and he owes you a full service on your car, for the cost of parts only.

mind you, get him to tell anyone who asks "gee, he charged me a fortune, but it's worth every penny".

good will and word of mouth early on in your pro career is worth more than a mere days pay.

Sounds not bad. but for strangers I should go as you mentioned earlier.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom