Photos from Green Mountain

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
We enjoyed the Green Mountain nature walk again this year....it was vastly different from last year, when we were sweltering in the heat! This year we nearly had the place to ourselves!

Chris's dog Amber was the hit of the day....she's a sweetie, and I'm glad Chris brought her out. Laura Beth took a real liking to Amber and was on the other end of the leash much of the afternoon :smile:.

141370237-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Joe and Laura Beth were thinking ahead and brought some duck food...that allowed us some nice closeups!

141370241-L.jpg

The 4 Musketeers....Melissa, Ryan, Ben and Laura Beth

141370245-L.jpg

It was very tranquil and quiet on the trail. I saw Herb shooting some scenes similar to this, so I hope he'll post some of his! Here's my attempt at capturing the mood.

141370255-L.jpg

Paul took this one. I've finally convinced him of the necessity of good glass (or rather, Nikon did, lol!) All winter he's been groaning about the amount of money I've spent on lenses. On this trip, completely on his own and without any prompting from me, he told me that he finally gets it....the glass makes a world of difference. Now he'd even like me to get a new camera body so he can have my D70! I see a third job in my future :biggrin:.

141370257-L.jpg

The hike was much more enjoyable this year thanks to cooperative weather! I worried the whole night before that it would still be raining, but it let up and things dried out nicely, the temps were pleasant up there as well. You (and Paul) got some really nice shots on the hike. I'd love a copy of the 4 Musketeers!

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
This sure looks like it was a great time! Glad Paul is enjoying the photography too, that is a good thing.

I'm glad y'all liked Amber. She's usually a hit with the kids.
I think she had a good time, she just wishes I wasn't so slow. But then she has a good time anytime she can get out of the house.

What fun! Kids and dogs....a great unbeatable combo! :smile: Sorry I couldn't summon up the energy to join you all on the hike. Maybe it needs to be scheduled at a time other than right after a morning shooting at the dam?
It looks like it was a lot of fun and a lot cooler than last year!

I love the shot of the kids in front of the cabin -- they all look so happy!

A new camera, eh?! Way to go, Sommer! I see a D200 in your future.... :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom