Photos from the North Woods

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by sbuttrick, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Here are a few photos from my recent trip to my cabin in the Michigan U.P. Some of these were also posted on the General forum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  2. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Stunning ! I like all of them and the way you capture the silky water is great

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Very well done, the quality of light is great.

4. Beautiful shots.

5. these are great Scott!

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi sbuttrick,

These are wonderful. After seeing so many slow water images, these really are special and unique. Very Nicely Done !

Regards

RFC

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

those are some great photos Scott.
    Are some of those from Tahquamenon?

Dave

8. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Stunning pictures!

9. The contrast of color is great in the first one. Your moving water is superb i would like to find a nice brook like yours to take pictures.

10. They all have impact Scott. There is something special in them, what is it ? Might be the openly blown whites, or is it too that you have used the shadow recovery in Capture or PS ? Tell us a bit about how you have done this if you will.

11. Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Dave, the falls are at Bond Falls in the western U.P. Bond Falls is only a 30 minute drive from my cabin.

Christian, thank you for you comments. Nothing really special about the PP. The contrast of the waterfall photos was very high due to the deep shadows and the sun popping through. I exposed to the right to capture as much detail in the shadows as possible while trying to keep some control of the highlights. I knew that the extreme highlights in the water might blowout, but as long as everything didn't get toasted that was a small price to pay to get shadow detail. I did use the Highlight/Shadow tool in PS to get things into balance. Something happened with image #3 in posting to the web, the trees look dead to me. The aRGB image looks great on my computer, but the sRGB died on me.

I have several more shots to process and I'll get them posted when I get some time.

Thanks all.