Photos that go Pop, Bang, BOOM (2 Imgs)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bendheim, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Some of you might have read that I'm doing an exhibition in September (Snaps and Other Places) featuring some "holgaroid" images that you can see somewhere in the PJ subsection of the Cafe. Like the city I live in, a hot, tropical Florida like destination, the pictures are bright, oversaturated and just for fun.

Recently I found a Durban Snow Dome made in Hong Kong, which to my warped sense of humor is quite ironical, as this place is stinking hot and it's NEVER snowed here, never ever.
    So I decided to do a fun shot with city as a haze in the background. And use this on my promo posters and invites!

I've also posted in another part of the cafe that I'm having difficulty getting the colors good out of the camera; unlike my relationship with the D2h, the D2x is not all love...yet. I'm sure it's just me with a lot to learn.
    Sadly, at the time of writing this, I haven't had any advice at all from other Cafe-ers...but we live in hope.

Anyway, here's the first image a bit muddy out the camera. Nothing hot and tropical here....

The second, rather post-processed one creates the "over the top" holiday city effect I wanted....so much so that the snow dome looks like it was cut and pasted on the backdrop---but you can see from the original that it wasn't!!!!! PS, snow added afterwards as I couldn't get the thing to balance before the real "snow" settled.

Thought some might find this all a bit of fun.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wow! I like the intense colors. It does go "Pop".

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Peter
    Wish I could be of any help but I'm struggling myself with the X also.

Like the "pop"effect.

Who knows the climat is way off these days perhaps you're getting real snow in a year or so.....

4. Peter #2 I like it very stricking image

5. Thanks, - Hans--glad to see I'm not the only one with some new learning to do..

6. You do have a fun sense of humor and these photographs prove it. Or was that warped sense of humor, oh well never mind. :lol: Interesting what things can be wrought with post processing isn't it. Well done Peter.

7. Thanks Gordon, yip, it will be Fri 13th before it snows here !