photos vanishing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alan, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Need some help here. I should know the answer but it is not coming to me. Here lately I'm having trouble seeing alot of photos on here. I'm getting the square with the red X. It's only on about 25% of the photos. Even one that was posted today. I thought maybe they were getting deleted off places like photobucket, and that would cause them not to show up here. But I can't believe it is this many. Here is one link this is happening on. Any ideas here?

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=179653

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Sometimes this happens when the photo has been removed form its original site or there is a problem with the hosting service - like when Smugmug was down recently.

However, that was not the case. I looked at the source and here is the url of the missing photo
    When I insert it it shows up fine here.??
    http://img.fotocommunity.com/photos/13631063.jpg

[​IMG]

3. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    When I follow that link I get a 403 Forbidden. Also whatever photo is under the link here, I'm not seeing.

Were you able to see the photo in the link I pasted?

4. Eye Spy

Eye Spy Guest

Are you reading the forum at work? The site where the photo is hosted is probably blocked by your IT guys.

5. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Thanks Mindy. I had not thought about that. I'm IT in this department but our fiber connection goes thru the city. They may have it blocked. Not likely thay will unblock it either.

6. Micky

Micky

Feb 29, 2008
    Vermont
    403 Forbidden

I cannot see it here, and I am not blocked in any way...

7. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    agree with Micky

its a dead link

8. Are you seeing the image in my post? It is the same image as in Alan's link - I can see it fine.

9. Micky

Micky

Feb 29, 2008
    Vermont
    No, Allan, can't see the image. Sorry.

10. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I tried from home also. Still cannot see it.

11. there is no image there
    you have it locked to all buy YOU to see, i believe, allan

12. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    wow, multiple Alan/Allan 's in a thread is too much for me to comprehend

thank goodness for avatars

13. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska

I get a 403 Forbidden also on my home computer.

14. No, it is not my image.I just went to the link Alan had in his original post, copied the url of the image and made an inline image in this thread.

So, the problem is on your end??

I use a Mac with Firefox if that makes a difference. Perhaps Alan should write a pm to the person who posted the image directing him to this thread??

15. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I'll do that.

16. Hi, that's my photo, and it's hosted at www.fotocommunity.de in Germany. Even I can't see it on my work pc, I have to click on the small black bar with the right mouse key and choose "Grafik anzeigen", thats show graphic, to open the picture on a new screen.

I have that problem sometimes at the nikon cafe with other pictures, and have no idea why that happens, since i have no firewall whatsoever and - at least my - pictures are still at the same server place.
    Andreas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.