Photos with New Lens!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by rlhaas, Apr 19, 2007.

1. rlhaas

rlhaas

Jan 24, 2007
    Everett, WA
    I just received my new Nikon 105 VR lens last night and had a chance to go out after work and do a little shooting. All I can say is that I am very excited at having made this acquisition. Here are a few from tonights session! Please let me know what you think. I'm also not sure what the last plant is. Can anyone identify it?

View attachment 91414

View attachment 91415

View attachment 91416
    Robin Haas
    Everett, WA
    http://www.pbase.com/rlhaas

2. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Nice.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very pretty
    Do you know what the last plant(leave) are
    They are very pretty

4. I really like the first shot. Great colors. I want that lens!

5. Hi Robin

Nice shots, the last plant would be a Begonia. They have so many leaf colours available it would be difficult to give you a cultivar name but from the look I would have to say it's a Begonia spp.

I am JUST about to go and purchase my Nikon 105 VR Micro Lens today so I cannot wait to see what it does. Judging from your pics it's a goodie. I still love my Kenko tubes, they produce a whole different kind of image but I do a lot of Macro work and you tend to lose a lot of DOF with the Tubes. Now I will have both and I recently purchased the Nikon SB-R1 Macro Flash Kit so I cannot wait to get down to some serious shooting.

I have not been on the forums for about 6 or 7 months :frown: .... things have been too hectic and life crazy but I am back and will start posting some shots soon, especially from the new 105 VR.

6. rlhaas

rlhaas

Jan 24, 2007
    Everett, WA
    Thanks for the kind words all. I was very happy with the results when I transferred the pictures onto my computer. Thanks to Mitch for identifying the last plant. After thinking about it I should have known that one. I really liked the patterns in the leaves. Thanks for looking!
    Mitch - I hope you enjoy your lens as well. BTW, these were all handheld with VR on. Sure makes a difference!

Robin Haas
    Everett, WA