1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Photoshelter is shutting down its stock marketplace

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by little big man, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Well this stinks! I guess that's the risk you take with a young stock agency... taking time and energy to build up a collection, only to have them close up shop.

2. I got their email yesterday. They didn't give much notice, did they? :( 

3. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Kinda sucks cause I just submitted some photos to them...

4. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    You and me both...

5. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    I got my letter from them too. Too bad, but not entirely unexpected. They needed lots of cash and a much larger image database to complete with the really big boys in the market. Sharing 70% with the photographers was nice, but didn't bring enough cash into their pockets to continue to expand their market base. I wonder if Digital Railroad Marketplace will suffer the same fate at some point. I hope not.

6. Well, I sold a few images through them. This is bad news, not terrible news, but bad. Oh well.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.