Photoshop 'Action' question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by linm, May 20, 2005.

1. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    I have a Photoshop action that puts a frame around my photos, and adds my copyright. That works for one year. The next year I have to rebuild the action just to change the date. Is there any way to go in and modify just the text in that action without rebuilding the whole thing?

2. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    You can edit the just the line in the action that adds the text. You don't have to re-record the entire thing. Simply place select the old line and hit the record button, record typing in the new date, then hit stop. Then, you simply throw away the old line by dragging it into the little trash bucket.

Alternatively, there's the EXIF script which pull the copyright date right from the EXIF info. If you want I can link you to that - that's the script that puts all the EXIF data at the bottom of your photo i.e., camera, lense, aperture, shutter speed, etc.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yes you can.

Make a new action, but just type in the new text then end the new action.

Expand your frame and copyright action, and find the step that types the copyright text. Hilight this step and click the trashcan to delete it. Now drag the new text step from the action you just recorded into the place the old text step was before you deleted it.

Unexpand the frame action and run it. Did it work?

Better make a duplicate of it just in case something goes wrong.

4. linm

linm

May 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Thank you! I knew there had to be a way!