Photoshop Actions

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by dbirdsong, Aug 23, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Can someone tell me how to send a custom action in Photoshop CS to send to someone else?
    Ok to be honest, so that Keith can send me the action he made for making his mates.
    He made one for me that shows up in PSCS as Daves Mate. How does he send that to me?

2. Dave,

Go to the following folder (* assuming that you picked default install)

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Photoshop Actions

Copy whichever action and paste it in your email. You are done !

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

That is what Keith did, but the action he has on his computer called Dave's doesn't show up on mine after I copied it over from the email.
    What are we doing wrong?

4. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi dave-

you need to load the action. go to the actions window and left click on the arrow on the upper right, then click on "Load Actions." point the browser to wherever you put the action that you received and you should be good to go.

ricky