Photoshop Batch Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J.Alan, Jul 19, 2007.

1. I have taken quite a number of images that I want to PP using the Photoshop "Automate > Batch" function.

If I process an image that I previously saved in Photoshop, the batch function will open the image, operate on it, and save and close, then move on to the next, etc.

However, if I take images that I save straight from the CF card to a directory, the batch funtion ALWAYS stops on the following screen, which requires me to click "OK" before it continues on.

original.

This happens both with my PS 7 and with the CS3 trial that I have. It also happens regardless of whether I save directly back to the same location, or rename, or change directories.

What am I missing?

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    you will get this since the option showing ok was clicked now if you create an action that records this click then will run

3. I think you are missing a tick box when you start the batch.
    Make sure you have the "override action save as" box checked.

Don

4. Don and Lowolf, I am at

work at the moment, but will give those ideas a shot as soon as I get home.

Thanks.

5. No Luck, Yet.

When I open an image, don't even do anything, but click "Save" or "Close", I get the same dialog box.

Is there a preference to set somewhere that will execute/surpress that dialog?

6. I found the answer...

In Photoshop "Help":

Note: Some Save options aren’t available in the Batch or Create Droplet commands (such as JPEG compression or TIFF options). To use these options, record a Save As step in the action that contains the desired options, and then use the Override Action “Save As” Commands option to make sure that your files are saved where you specify in the Batch or Create Droplet command. Photoshop disregards the specified filename and path in the Action's Save As command, and retains the Save options using the new path and filename you specify in the Batch dialog.

7. Sorry I wasn't clear.
    I was assuming that your batch action included the requisite save step.

Glad you got it sorted out.