Photoshop CC Error Message - (Solved)

I have a problem with Photoshop CC when trying to open NIK Silver FX 3.

The message reads "Photoshop CC - Cannot complete the command because the disc is full"

Untitled-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop and Nik several times but the fault persists. I have checked my scratch discs and they are showing 120Gb and 1Tb respectively.

Any suggestions please? How do I clear what Photoshop "thinks" is a Full Disc?

DG

Last edited:
After just paying for the upgrade? It worked ok for a week or so until i tried to do something in PS which obviously caused the problem.

I think that i am going to Restore Windows and rebuild if no one comes up with a better answer.

DG

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
You mention scratch disks. But what about the data disk where the photos are? Make a list of all the disks and their spare space. Check the Adobe settings for scratch disks, do they relate to the actual disks?
I really don't think rebuilding Windows is called for just because one newly installed program has a bug.

Real Name
Andrew
Before throwing the baby out with the bath water, you get support with both Adobe and DxO. I’d leverage that before doing a complete system rebuild.

Solved.

The problem was neither Photoshop nor Nik.

The image that i was trying to send to Nik was corrupted in some way. I have tried several other images and it works as it should. It took me a while to get around to it and kept trying the same file after each uninstall re-install etc. Lesson learned!

DG

So it was NIK after all!!

Version 4.0.8 Update:

New in Nik Collection 4.0.8 •
Bug fixes
o Installation not starting when system language is set to certain languages is fixeded
o Nik Perspective Efex not launching from Adobe Photoshop when original file is RAW or DNG issue is fixed
o Nik Viveza and Nik Silver Efex not launching when username contains non latin characters is fixed
o Nik Viveza and Nik Silver Efex not launching from Adobe Photoshop and displaying “Could not complete the [Application Name] command because the disk is full.”issue is fixed
o Nik Collection issue making Adobe Photoshop crash when color profile applied contains special characters is fixed
o Nik Selective Tool not scaled to monitor’s resolution is partially fixed

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom