Photoshop CS and Raw File help?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by SalM, Jun 10, 2007.

1. SalM

SalM

May 13, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    I have a quick question, I am trying to record an action so that I can batch run a slew of RAW files to open them, save them as JPG. The issue I am running into is when I open a RAW file it opens the edit box where you can adjust the whitebalance and such. Every photo opens this box and I have to hit OK in order for the action to continue...

Is there a way around this box from opening? I don't intend on using it and would like to know if I have other options....

Thanks
    Sal M.

2. Have you tried Image Processor?

3. Only thing I can think of is, selecting the photos you want to batch process in Bridge, opening them all into ACR. There you can either process them in batch or individually. If not processing them at all, simply select all, then hit save, then choose the extension (jpeg in this case). Then you would just have to set the action to save the jpeg file when it opens in photoshop.
    I'm just babbling and I realize there's more steps here than you'd care to go through but it's all I got! :biggrin::wink:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I have read many tutorials on creating an action, all of which I can not remember, having never done it.
    This is not very difficult.

PM Peano, or Ray , they will help you

Several here can really.
    I have just not done it.

Or google record action in PS tutorial , or in the PS help files

5. There are three boxes you have to check in the Batch dialog.

Override Action "open" command
    Suppress File Open Dialogs
    Override Action "Save As" commands

I use it on JPG all the time and just tested my proofing action on some NEFs and it works the same.

Don