PhotoShop CS2 and multiple computers

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by DavidM, Jul 13, 2005.

1. I've currently got the Creative Suite Premium Edition, and have been considering moving up to CS2...

One of the things that I really liked about the licensing of CS1 was that I could have the software installed on both my desktop and laptop and use as needed (provided I wasn't using them both at the same time, of course).

I seem to remember reading that certain applications, namely PhotoShop, now require an online connection and a specific "passing of the license" type of activity to make something like this work. I have a bit of concern about this and my own ability to keep up with this type of authorization management when going back and forth between my desktop and laptop, so this makes me nervous.

Can anyone here help clarify how this works with CS2 and possibly relate your own experiences with this?

Thanks!

2. David, the license for PSCS2 is the same. You should be able to use PSCS2 on both your desktop and laptop computers.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. You should check with Adobe though about the upgrade. I assume that works the same as the full version.

3. Thanks for responding, Virginia. I understand that I should be able to use the software in this way, but do you know if I have to specifically do something each time I go from using it on one verses the other? That's the part I'm concerned about... if I don't "deactivate" it first on the desktop computer, will it then not run on my laptop? That's what I'm remembering from the discussion before.

4. Gee, David, I haven't tried loading a second copy yet, so I can't tell you what happens. I hope you or somebody else who may have done this will let us know. Is there anything about this on the Adobe website?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    I loaded it at the office and at home. no problem. should you have a problem just call them and they will take care of it for you.