Photoshop CS2 Purchase question

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by kccheers, Jun 20, 2005.

1. kccheers

kccheers

May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    Ok, tonight I am looking to buy Photoshop CS2, and my oldest son comes by and tells me to go to a certain website where he purchases books and software. He is in his final year of Pharmacy School and gets a "student discount". I look at the site, find the software, a there is a very steep discount. All he has to do is show proof of being a fulltime student with this semester's schedule and a photo student ID. All this we have.

My question is this: Are there any differences that any of you know about between what I will be ordering and if I were to purchase the same thru
    B & H? It lists it as the full version, just with a discounted price for studnts, faculty, etc.

As the price comes out to be $248.00 for the full version of Photoshop CS2,
    I definately want to take advantage of this if it is what it seems to be.

Thanx in advance.....

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    The educational version is exactly the same as the full retail one. May come without the 'official' manual though. No big deal. I bought a copy of Dreamweaver last year that way. No problems.

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    The program and documentation are the same. The educational version does not give you access to the library of royalty free stock photos, nor does the licence allow use for commercial purposes. That last one is done on the honor system.

You can then upgrade to the next version of the FULL commercial program with the next full version number.

4. kccheers

kccheers

May 2, 2005
    Liberty, Mo
    Thanx guys. The commercial part will not partain to me anyway. I just started shooting RAW, and have done minimal PP on a " pirated" version of PS7, and really want to get into this in a big way, so I thought it was time to pony up some $$$ and get a legitamte version, but when I heard of the educational version discount I just wanted to make sure it performed the same.

Thanx again.

5. If you're a student, there are wonderful discounts available. I use www.academicsuperstore for most of my student purchases.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera