Photoshop CS2 Smart Objects

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by beaucamera, Aug 9, 2005.

1. I finally got around to trying the PSCS2 Smart Object Tutorial and thought I've give it a try. I took a photo of some oleander flowers and isolated a portion with a mask. I made a "smart object" with this selection. After the "smart object" was created, I discovered it was editable and was able to clean up my selection. The I placed the smart objects on to my canvas. My creation is here: http://www.beaucamera.com.

Anybody else tried experimenting with this feature?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Wow, thanks Paul, what a discovery to learn how to do this!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

[​IMG]

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That's a sweet pic Virginia. I've not played with that feature. It looks like it lets you clone an object, change it's color, orientation , etc. Cool.

5. Here is another example of a PSCS2 "smart object" montage. This time my subject is a hummer I captured this afternoon with my 70-200 VR and 17EII TC. This is starting to be fun!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Virginia:

That is really a cool effect! PS never ceases to amaze me. I only wish there were more hours in the day........thanks for sharing this. I think I may give this a try!

7. You have impressed me with this technique Virginia.

8. Another Experiment

Adding to my PSCS2 "Smart Object" library gave me another chance to experiment. This is my new creation. I'm learning as a I go along. It's fun!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good Virginia,

Tough to learn all the PS stuff.

Layers throw me for a loop......Just can't grasp it.

10. Learning Photoshop

Thanks, Gale! :smile:

Yes, PS is a complicated program. I've been taking courses. That's sure helped! Then there's practice, practice, practice.
    You can also find tutorials on the web. Sometimes biting off those one at a time helps.
    When it comes to layers, just think of a cake. You can put different fillings in each one.

Here's my lastest creation. I also posted in the General Forum thread because I wanted thank you to Patrict and Paul for their work on the new forum site.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera