1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Photoshop CS3 beta...expired

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by MGlennn, May 2, 2007.

1. The CS3 beta has expired as of today it seems..... :smile:

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Damn, now it looks like I have to get the real thing.

3. Darn it!!! It is expired!

4. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    opened it today, and it says it expired. I'm downloading the full now :) 

5. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Well, if you want to continue using it, buying it would seem to be your solution. It's called a user software license agreement and Adobe dont' give those away... upgrades suck, but you have 2 options. You do or you don't.

6. Is it worth it over CS2? I shoot photojournalism and only use Photoshop to crop and adjust curves plus add the exif data.

7. If that is all you use it for, probably not....but it does have lots of nice new enhancements :smile: :rolleyes:  :smile: :rolleyes: 

8. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Glen it seems that for what you do Lightroom would suite you better. HAve a look at the trial version :wink:

9. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    I upgraded from Photoshop 6.0 to CS2. My question is can I now upgrade to CS3? I think their licensing for upgrades are for CS and CS2 only. If that is the case, I need to buy a full license. Can anyone in the know please tell me if I am right or wrong. Thanks.
    Henry

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yes it is worth it even for journalists
    ACR 4 will edit jpg and tiff now

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    If you have cs2 you can upgrade to cs3

12. Yep...I agree with gale :smile:

13. Henry Goh

Henry Goh

Mar 17, 2005
    Singapore
    Thank Gale. So that means the upgrade path is open from one version to the next. That is cool.

Henry

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Once you buy PS and upgrade it, the up grade just keeps going
    Usually from 3 versions back if one has never up graded.
    So for someone that has ps7 it is upgradable to cs3..then up gradable each time. But you don't have to upgrade each time if you don want to.
    I up graded from 7 to cs2.
    See how it goes:>)))
    Now are you totally confused.

15. You are like me....99% of what I need like curves and color correction and cropping get done just fine in plain ol' ps 6 or 7.

Problem is that with the trail version I've had I get hooked on the very useful tweaks like smartsharpen and improved cloning and healing, raw.....yada yada yada.......

It's sort of like trading in your 4 year old car....non-essential to survival but so very nice to do.

16. BubbaBob

BubbaBob

Feb 28, 2006
    When mine expired, it destroyed the registrations for my entire CS2 suite and every other Adobe program I use. I had to reinstall everything. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER install an Adobe beta.

17. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    There are specific instruction for uninstalling the beta.
    If followed , should have no prob with the upgrade to cs3
    See adobe site for instructions

18. Of course! Welcome to Adobe's revenue stream. :biggrin:

19. I agree 100%. It should be seamless and require no special action... in fact, if it needs to be uninstalled it should do that automatically from within itself.

Never again for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.