Photoshop CS3 book for newbie

Real Name
William Beem
Hi there,

I tried searching for this answer, but didn't find anything so far. Yesterday, I plunked down my AMEX for a copy of Photoshop CS3 and it's loaded on my MacBook Pro. Now what?

There are some videos on a DVD with a product, but I think I need something in a tutorial format to help me understand the application.

Does anyone have recommendations for a Photoshop CS3 book, particularly for someone with no prior experience with the product? Thank you.

Scott Kelby has a CS2 book that I find very helpful for this newbie and I suppose it is a matter of time before he has one out for CS3. I have PSE 4.0 experience then CS2 and now CS3 but I still refer to this book a lot. It has some step by step instructions for very popular effects and fixes. Take it from there to improvise and customize what you want to do but it gives a nice basis to start. Hope it helps...Scott

Real Name
Dave Watts
Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom in a Book is what I purchased. IT may be a bit tough for a beginner, but if you work with it there is much in there. Includes a DVD of resources including those RFC listed above.
Dave

Real Name
William Beem
Scott Kelby has a CS2 book that I find very helpful for this newbie and I suppose it is a matter of time before he has one out for CS3. I have PSE 4.0 experience then CS2 and now CS3 but I still refer to this book a lot. It has some step by step instructions for very popular effects and fixes. Take it from there to improvise and customize what you want to do but it gives a nice basis to start. Hope it helps...Scott
Thanks. I have Scott Kelby's Digital Photography Handbook and (mostly) enjoy it, and I've learned he has an excellent reputation for Photoshop books.

I'll keep an eye out for his CS3 book, but don't think I want to try and translate between versions.

Real Name
William Beem
Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom in a Book is what I purchased. IT may be a bit tough for a beginner, but if you work with it there is much in there. Includes a DVD of resources including those RFC listed above.
Dave
Thanks, Dave. It sounds like what I want, based upon the title. I also like it when they include the resource files for the exercises. Some of my previous books try to tell you how to do something, but you can't follow along without the same resources.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom