Photoshop Elements 5 vs version 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EdMac, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Hi,
    I am curious if it is worth upgrading to version 5. My daughter is using version 2 right now, and asked for my recommendation. I personally use PS CS3, so I really don't have much knowledge about the differences among the various versions of PS Elements. I would appreciate any advice that someone could give me and my daughter. Thanks in advance :smile:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    In short..

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The difference is day and night

3. Hi Gale,
    That sounds like a very positve statment to me. She just went to pick it up. My wife and I are leaving for the trailer in the mornng, so I will help her with it when I get back. Thaks for your input.:smile:

4. thomamueller

thomamueller

Jun 23, 2007
    New Jersey
    Ditto

Plus you will get some online space for free. Not for Photos exactly, but some of thier new creations. I cheat and place video at adobe site created from photo using Muvee.com

5. I use PS Elements 5 and I really like it. There are even plug-ins and undocumented features that offer much of what Photoshop does.

I highly, highly, very much recommend "The Photoshop elements 5 Book for digital photographers" by Scott Kelby. Check it out on Amazon.

It is extremely practical and offers step-by step guidance for Organizing, working with RAW, resizing and cropping, color correction, fixing image problems, mask and selection techniques, retouching portraits, removing unwanted objects, special effects, photo restoration techniques, sharpening techniques, printing, publishing, and presenting. whew,....

Buy it for your daughter. She will love it.

6. :smile:
    Thanks Keith,I w ill check it out.:smile: