Photoshop Elements & camera profiles

Can it read raw profiles like landscape and vivid and what I am really interested in is Adobe DNG Profile Editor made profiles?

Ronald, I have just tried opening a D7000 NEF in Elements 10 and whilst it displays the embedded jpg as a thumbail, and therefore all in-camera adjustments, it opens the NEF itself without any in-camera adjustments. I think Elements 11 is just the same.

At a tangent which you may find useful, I also find that it displays jpgs saved from NEFs in NX2 as grainier than they appear in NX2 or ViewNX.

I do use it (the Organizer) for cataloguing though, but it will only show jpgs not NEFs, unlike earlier versions I had, though they only somehow showed original/unedited NEFs.

I am aware of some limitations as ACR version between Photoshop CS and Elements has limited functionality, however the Camera Calibration Tab is there so you will get the Camera Neutral, Standard, Landscape, Vivid etc.
See Adobe for difference.
http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/camera-raw-differences-photoshop-photoshop.html

You will need to select them from the Camera Calibration tab manually.

Adobe does not try to duplicate the camera 'look' as seen on the LCD or through NX2 but in Adobe Standard I think the aim is to get a reasonable render of the raw file as a starting point. The others as mentioned and from memory were pretty close to the Nikon offerings (at least with the D90)

AFAIK the DNG profile editor will perform exactly the same in PSE and PS CS*

Latest threads

Top Bottom