Photoshop Framng ?

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by digiwild, Jun 6, 2007.

1. digiwild

digiwild Guest

I am new to this cafe and hope I am in the right forum to ask this question. i have Photoshop Elements 5 and I see a lot of shots here that have what appears to be several "layers" of a frame around the photo. Can anyone tell me how this application is done?
    I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Jean

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Jean and welcome to the Nikon Cafe. The frames and mattes can be purchased from FredMiranda.com and I have installed them as a plug-in within my PhotoShop CS2...the bad news is that I have them installed but don't know how to use them. I do understand that you have to create an action when using PhotoShop to create the matte and frame with a delightful shadow. I hope to someday learn how to create the action so my images present as wonderfully as our forummate's images do. Be patient, one of our able friends will help you get the ball rolling.

3. digiwild

digiwild Guest

Thanks

Frank, Thanks for the welcome and the info. Will wait and see what I find out.
    From your avatar you must be a Fireman. Our dearest friend is a retired Lt with our Fire dept here and was a Fireman in NJ also. One of the two hardest jobs I think there is. Firefighters/Paramedics and Law Enforcement, my hat off to all of you.
    Jean