Photoshop Issue (Save as JPEG)

For years, I edit NEF files in Lightroom and then open them in Photoshop for some further adjustments. At some point, I save the file as a jpeg directly from Photoshop. I keep the RAW file and the jpeg and stack them in Lightroom.

Suddenly, I am unable to save my files as jpeg from Photoshop. Here's a screen shot that shows my available save as options:

1621264343447.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm not sure if this is a bug from a recent Photoshop update. But the only way I can save a jpeg now is to save a copy of the file (and that adds steps to my workflow).

Is there something I'm doing wrong (can't imagine as I've been doing it this way for years)? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Glenn

Last edited:
If it is any help, my Save As Options include all of the usual JPEG variants.

I do not use Lightroom, so maybe that is the Key?

DG
Thanks Dave...that does seem to narrow the issue down to something with Lightroom.

When I open the file directly from Photoshop, all of the usual JPEG choices are there. When I open it from Lightroom, they are missing.

I can't imagine why.

Glenn

Glenn, I use LR and PS too but do raw developing now in C1. I save tiffs back to LR and then have LR save the jpgs.
But to your situation. I opened a raw from 2years ago that was in PS and chose edit in PS. If I made a change and then pressed save, it saved a tiff back into my LR catalog. That must be a setting I had. But, if I do I save as I also do not see a jpg option.
I am using a Mac. Latest PS and latest Mac OS.
CapturFiles_2.jpg

@gnagel
Perhaps I'm going a bit too simple but you are not working in 16bits/channel mode by any chance?
This is with 22.4.0, updated today.
8bits mode:

Save_As_en_2015-Laguiole_08-23-2015_17-21-05_01386_NEF___25___RGB_8___en_Photoshop_Issue__Save...jpg

16bits

Save_As_en_2015-Laguiole_08-23-2015_17-21-05_01386_NEF___25___RGB_16____.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom