1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Photoshop version questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yahtzee, Apr 8, 2007.

1. I purchased PS 5.0 Academic version a few years back and also received PS 7.0 about 2 yrs ago as a gift. Adobe has me on file for my 5.0 version but say that they cant locate the registration info for my 7.0 version. This is irritating because now I must upgrade to CS2 from 5.0 ($159) and then upgrade to CS3 from CS2 ($199) when I should have just been able to use my info from 7.0 (which they cant locate) to go straight to CS3.

PS - I run Vista so CS2 isn't compatible with that, only CS3 is.

Suggestions?

2. If you are running PS 7 now can you re-register it? Maybe you didn't register it when you upgraded to 7 from 5. Then once you have registered 7 then can you step up to CS3 as you are trying? If you have registered it maybe try re-registering it.

3. I tried calling them back to voice my concern for their systems and records and apparently my parents unknowingly bought a pirated version of PS online for my gift. The lady was extremely nice and actually only made me pay the CS2 upgrade price and then gave me CS3 for $5 + shipping. Very nice gesture.

Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.