Photoshop/Windows Explorer Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eng45ine, Oct 23, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I am trying to upload an image that is on a "My Documents" file to Photoshop for editing. After I edited the image, I tried to save the changes, but a window pops up (in Photoshop) to say that I cannot save the file because it is locked and asks me to click onto "properties" in windows explorer to unlock the file. I clicked but I have no clue how to unloak the file. Can anyone bail me out???

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Frank,
    Yeah thier terminology is a bit goofy. Locked... IIt is a read only file..

Left click on the file, properties, uncheck read only. ok and close.

It should then be ok

(i hope)

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Gale....that worked like a champ. Thanks for bailing me out, I definately began to freak out when Photoshop said that I could not save my changes!

4. nfoto

nfoto Guest

As another fail-safe solution, try use "Save As" instead, then you can change the location and file name at will, and since a new file will be created, it can also be written to :biggrin:

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks Bjorn...that is a great idea and one that I will do in the future. Thanks for taking the time to offer some help.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Glad to be of help to someone for a change :>)))))

Glad it was simple and worked.

thats me Simple :>)))))