Phungus Photography

After three straight days of rain the fungi are coming on strong in our woods.

Stack1-X4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Stack2-X4.jpg

_Z502672-X4.jpg

_Z502678-X4.jpg

Stack3-X4.jpg

_Z502705-XL.jpg

_Z502706-X4.jpg

_Z502711-XL.jpg

Beautiful Jim. Is the last one goat's beard?

Thanks, Rick. I don't know about goat's beard, but it is commonly referred to as coral fungus.

Wonderful environmental portraits! Thoroughly enjoyable diffused light, compositions and color.

Thanks, Mike. Cloudy days like this are best for doing this type of photography as you know.

Excellent series, I see why a member nominated this for feature!

Thanks, Wade.

So foreign to my area where everything is dry and burning up!! I loved seeing all these excellent photos of such interesting varieties. The Z50 seems like the perfect camera for you!

These are excellent, Jim.

I need to get the little 16-50 out more often!

As so many have mentioned, it's been really dry in our area too. Last night we go 2+ inches of rain. When I took the dog out this morning, we had some shrooms in our backyard, which was a first. When I saw them, I thought of you!

Wouldn't ya know it... This is my "in the office" rotation week, so I couldn't attempt to photograph them. I'm sure they will burn up today, before I get home.

The baby Z in good hands can produce a very nice pictures.
Nice set.?

Many thanks, Bob (I presume).

These are excellent, Jim.

I need to get the little 16-50 out more often!

As so many have mentioned, it's been really dry in our area too. Last night we go 2+ inches of rain. When I took the dog out this morning, we had some shrooms in our backyard, which was a first. When I saw them, I thought of you!

Wouldn't ya know it... This is my "in the office" rotation week, so I couldn't attempt to photograph them. I'm sure they will burn up today, before I get home.

Thanks, Phil. Too bad about your lost opportunity. The fungus season is yet young so you should have some more chances.

The 16-50 focuses a lot closer than I expected. My plan was to use my 40/2.8 DX micro for this, and I will in future, but it was good to see want the 16-50 can do.

Late to viewing these, Jim, but wanted to echo and add to what folks have said above. Great shooting, great eye, excellent compositions, and terrific examples. Thanks, buddy.

Many thanks, Eric.

Latest threads

Top Bottom