Physalis are back !

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JPS, Dec 8, 2005.

1. ...so i can shoot these delicate fruits, and EAT them after !

Note for the one who don't know them: these fruits are about 1/2 an inch in diameter, and their taste is sweet/acid, very juicy !

D70 with Tamron SP90 - 1/2 sec. @ f/38 - RAW ISO 200

53309668.physalis.

Cheers,
    J-P.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You do these shots so well.
    Another beautiful imge.

Looks good enough to eat to me :>))

3. That lens just keeps amazing me with its sharpness! Nice shot!!

4. That looks delicious. I was a bit irritated first because for me as a zoologist, Physalis is the name of a jelly fish genus (if I remember correctly).
    Anyway, nice, sharp and well lit.
    Cheers

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  6. For those who complimented me *blush* on my lighting, here's the overall set-up that i used for the "peppers" and the "physalis" shots:

1) a piece of black velvet fabric as background (about US $30.- for 2 square meters)
    2) 2 x 500 watts halogens lamps on tripod (that i bought for less than US $70.- each, NEW)

...as i found that the halogen light produces too harsh a light, i clip one or several sheets of tracing paper on the lamps, until the light becomes as soft as i want !

I have the camera on tripod, with an old ring-flash at 1/2 power on the Tamron SP90, just to give that "touch" of front-lighting, even if that means mixing different temperatures of lights (halogens + flash)...

...so you see that -for me at least-, it works well without having to spend a fortune on sophisticated stuff... and i only learned -and still learning- by trials and errors -a lot- !!!

Hope this can help and/or give some ideas to others...

53332043.setup_2.

Cheers,
    J-P.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.