Physalis are back !

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JPS, Dec 8, 2005.

1. ...so i can shoot these delicate fruits, and EAT them after !

Note for the one who don't know them: these fruits are about 1/2 an inch in diameter, and their taste is sweet/acid, very juicy !

D70 with Tamron SP90 - 1/2 sec. @ f/38 - RAW ISO 200

53309668.physalis.

Cheers,
    J-P.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You do these shots so well.
    Another beautiful imge.

Looks good enough to eat to me :>))

3. That lens just keeps amazing me with its sharpness! Nice shot!!

4. That looks delicious. I was a bit irritated first because for me as a zoologist, Physalis is the name of a jelly fish genus (if I remember correctly).
    Anyway, nice, sharp and well lit.
    Cheers

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
  6. For those who complimented me *blush* on my lighting, here's the overall set-up that i used for the "peppers" and the "physalis" shots:

1) a piece of black velvet fabric as background (about US $30.- for 2 square meters)
    2) 2 x 500 watts halogens lamps on tripod (that i bought for less than US $70.- each, NEW)

...as i found that the halogen light produces too harsh a light, i clip one or several sheets of tracing paper on the lamps, until the light becomes as soft as i want !

I have the camera on tripod, with an old ring-flash at 1/2 power on the Tamron SP90, just to give that "touch" of front-lighting, even if that means mixing different temperatures of lights (halogens + flash)...

...so you see that -for me at least-, it works well without having to spend a fortune on sophisticated stuff... and i only learned -and still learning- by trials and errors -a lot- !!!

Hope this can help and/or give some ideas to others...

53332043.setup_2.

Cheers,
    J-P.