Piano forte...

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by ShaunK, Jul 9, 2008.

1. I guess this is the forum for this type of stuff... a while back I did a collage of my wife's violin. Sitting around this summer, I began eyeing her piano and wondering what I could do with it. These are the results of a little shoot I did of it with my brother.... the idea is that some of these will make it into collage picture frames for the wall near the piano... please let me know what you think... I will break into several threads to make it easier to critique.

First, a few of the typical types of piano shots:
    2652929111_b5d37c454c_o.

View attachment 215943

View attachment 215944

View attachment 215945

Keep in mind that a piano is not really movable, so I had to make do with setting up a "studio" where it's at. Actually, most of these are available light, camera tripod mounted, and manual focus. Whale away!!! :smile:

2. I wonder if may I add mine in here:

This is my Steinway; I took its portrait a few months ago

[​IMG]

But I love your pictures, it gives a very nice feel of mahogany that we don't see in quality pianos anymore.

3. Surely you may add yours here. Thanks for the compliments. They did end up showing the beauty of the wood. A very beautiful instrument it is, too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.