Pic from Northern Ontario....how would you improve??

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by pricha00, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Here is a shot I took last weekend just north of Parry Sound, Ontario. I am wondering if perhaps I should take some exposure out of the pic since the print I got looks nicer and it appears to be about 1 stop darker then the picture I view on my monitor. No straightening or anything, just some mild saturation adjustment.

Pat.

[​IMG]

2. Hi Pat.

The scenery is great, so is the light.

The blue seems too saturated on my office screen. May be a calibrated monitor would be better ...

What white balance setting did you use ?

Regards,

Mattes

3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

It a nice photo, indeed, however I think you should use your straightening tool. The whole photo, to me, seems to be tilting to the right...

4. Yes a couple of degrees to the right I think, my photos always seem to have that slight tilt. It must be a habit on how I hold the camera I guess. WB was set to cloudy I believe.
    I did boost the saturation a little so that may explain the exaggerated blue but I kind of like the effect if done in moderation.

Pat.

5. Lovely composition but I don't like the turquoise. I always associate that with south seas not northern Ontario. I think it also makes the distant trees look very dull.

Bruce