Pic from Northern Ontario....how would you improve??

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by pricha00, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Here is a shot I took last weekend just north of Parry Sound, Ontario. I am wondering if perhaps I should take some exposure out of the pic since the print I got looks nicer and it appears to be about 1 stop darker then the picture I view on my monitor. No straightening or anything, just some mild saturation adjustment.

Pat.

[​IMG]

2. Hi Pat.

The scenery is great, so is the light.

The blue seems too saturated on my office screen. May be a calibrated monitor would be better ...

What white balance setting did you use ?

Regards,

Mattes

3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

It a nice photo, indeed, however I think you should use your straightening tool. The whole photo, to me, seems to be tilting to the right...

4. Yes a couple of degrees to the right I think, my photos always seem to have that slight tilt. It must be a habit on how I hold the camera I guess. WB was set to cloudy I believe.
    I did boost the saturation a little so that may explain the exaggerated blue but I kind of like the effect if done in moderation.

Pat.

5. Lovely composition but I don't like the turquoise. I always associate that with south seas not northern Ontario. I think it also makes the distant trees look very dull.

Bruce

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.