Pic of my latest nephew (at 1 month old)

Real Name
Luis Casals
OK, I am by no means a pro at this so critiques Welcomed. If I posted this in the incorrect area, please let me know.

My sister asked me for some shots of her Newborn son to use for a announcement card. I am thinking of this one as one of them. Any thoughts!!!

D800_JLC0518James-Edit-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I am by no means a pro at this so critiques Welcomed. If I posted this in the incorrect area, please let me know.

My sister asked me for some shots of her Newborn son to use for a announcement card. I am thinking of this one as one of them. Any thoughts!!!

http://luis.smugmug.com/Family/Baby-James/i-ZHgmHGM/0/L/D800_JLC0518James-Edit-L.jpg

Hey man, Congrats to you and your family! Babies are awesome! I love the shot, and I'm not a picky perfect. The hand on the left does create an illusion. Like it's floating? Im assuming the female wore black long sleeves?

Real Name
Luis Casals
its a nice side profile and should fit nicely on an announcement card.

good job

Hey man, Congrats to you and your family! Babies are awesome! I love the shot, and I'm not a picky perfect. The hand on the left does create an illusion. Like it's floating? Im assuming the female wore black long sleeves?

Thanks for the complements. I was a little hesitant on doing this in the first place. But then I pondered, this is for my little sister if she does not like it, she can go out and get a pro to do the shots. After we started, I was a little worried of not getting the shots she wanted because of lack of light and many other things (like experience). it took me a little while to start seeing what I wanted to get and finally it just clicked.

Yes, she had a black long sleeve shirt. I was taking some shots of her and the baby and started to visualize the shot I wanted. Got her husband to find and put on a black shirt too and this is the result.

I took this one with the D800 and a cheap Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens, no external flash. I started using the 24-120 F4 but was not too happy with the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the complements. I was a little hesitant on doing this in the first place. But then I pondered, this is for my little sister if she does not like it, she can go out and get a pro to do the shots. After we started, I was a little worried of not getting the shots she wanted because of lack of light and many other things (like experience). it took me a little while to start seeing what I wanted to get and finally it just clicked.

Yes, she had a black long sleeve shirt. I was taking some shots of her and the baby and started to visualize the shot I wanted. Got her husband to find and out on a black shirt too and this is the result.

I took this one with the D800 and a cheap Nikon 50mm 1.8 lens, no external flash. I started using the 24-120 F4 but was not too happy with the results.

oh okay cool, its not bad at all, just an observation. The shot came out well.

Real Name
Luis Casals
oh okay cool, its not bad at all, just an observation. The shot came out well.

Thanks Eric. No worries, I take it that from your point of view it would have been better to have had the arm more visible?

Latest threads

Top Bottom