Pic of the Day and didn't know it!!!???

Submitted one of my Sydney, the Cygnet, shots and just checked their site - I won for yesterday!!!! *chest puffing out - no jokes, panos!* Guess this means Sydney gets an extra little treat tomorrow when I go visit him.
http://www.shutterbugs.biz/cgi-bin/display.pl?potd_date=July%2030th,%202005&artist=Sandra%20Jackson&src=http://www.shutterbugs.biz/potdentries/winners/43903.jpg&title='Sunset%20Joy%20Ride'

Thanks Harris. There's a spelling difference between whiners and winners!! *LOL*

Thankyou Gordon for your kind words. I have an emotional attachment to this little guy, as you probably know, so I'm glad he and I won!

G

GaryW

Wow, Sandi! Great picture!!! That would be up on my wall by now if I had taken it.

Gary

Thank you so much, Martin and Philippe.

Gary, I've printed off a few different versions of him, and did some black and whites (actually by accident - didn't realize I'd defaulted the printer to B&W!! LOL) I've given a few as presents too. Thanks for your kind words.

Thanks Gale. These are the prettiest birds we have around here - not like your great South with all the plumage in glory.

Thankyou Sommer. He's such a little cutie and is very lens-friendly. His parents know me quite well and come right over whenever I paddle into their area. BTW, love your Rbt Frost quote - one of my fav lines and so true!

SRA

Wow Sandi,

That was my first reaction when I open your award winning page. Congratulations on a fine piece of art.

Awww shucks guys, now you're really making me blush!! *LOL* Thanks all for your very kind words. I'm kinda glad to have won (first time entering) as I'm not much of a 'contest' person. Much rather just enjoy taking the pics and seeing them on my screen when I get home.

It was funny because I logged onto the site to see what sort of pic had beaten mine (never got any email saying they'd chosen this one) and lo and behold it was there! Must admit...I feel kinda proud of this, mainly because my heart and soul went into the whole project of trying to get shots of a newly hatched cygnet. It's also nice when your peers let you know you've done well, as I've only just gotten into DSLR in March. I like it!! Almost to the 8,000 pic mark with this new setup.
Thanks again for all your kind words.

Thanks Chris for your kind words. Yes, it's one of those pics that makes little girls go "awwwwwwwwww" *LOL* I do feel proud and this series wasn't easy to get - moving swans, moving kayak, breezes and trying to get the light right. Hopefully going to see Sydney today to tell him. Few extra Goldfish crackers for the party! *LOL*

Fabulous, Sandi!

One of the cutest wildlife photos I've seen in quite some time.

Maybe you could fit Sydney with a miniature GPS device, and then track his movements? lol.

Best wishes and Congratulations,

David

Latest threads

Top Bottom