Picasa B&W Colour Focus

Hi, I dont do much post processing, but have just downloaded Picasa, great program, loads of interesting features. Heres 2 of my creations so far, using the Foucs B&W feature.
This is in a disused control tower.
dsc0057jh9.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My Dad's N Gauge model railway layout, set in wild west America.
dsc0070vo1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hope you like, and have you got any, thanks, Tom.

Urm, to be honest with you, it only took about 3 minutes MAX for each one, the easiest way I found was to set the "Sharpness" slider all the way to the right, then move the cursor to where you want the main colour to be, resize it using the "Size" slider, and desharpen the "Sharpness" again, and tweek both sliders until the desired effect was created.
Hi Hentez. its in "Effects" tab>>>"FocalB&W". Hope this little tutorial helps, and I hope you try it out, thanks, Tom.
*EDIT* Only bad thing is, the area you use to FocalB&W i a circle, and getting preciseness/perfection out of it, is not possible, but still, is alot of fun, and creates cracking results.

Tom Im glad your getting some use out of Picasa. I had never used it myself, I just knew of it and being freeware. Nice effects here

Picasa file handling

The most important function in Picasa is the one that keeps a backup of the original files even if you make major modifications to the image. It works very simply: if you make any change to the original, you are given the opportunity of saving the changed file, which, in turn, makes a backup of the original in a sub-directory called "originals".

I don't know of another program that does this so easily. ACDSee does not, PS does not, CNX does not.

This is a great feature for jpeg users, as jpegs do not store the edits.

If, and when, a new version of Picasa comes out that allows spot editing and a little more control over the other functions, we may not need to use any other program for managing, editing, printing, and publishing our photos.

As it is, I use it to control the workflow through PS and CNX already. It would be nice to eliminate the need, and expense, of those programs altogether! :smile:

Lightroom ?

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom