Picasa B&W Colour Focus

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by underitall, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Hi, I dont do much post processing, but have just downloaded Picasa, great program, loads of interesting features. Heres 2 of my creations so far, using the Foucs B&W feature.
    This is in a disused control tower.
    [​IMG]

My Dad's N Gauge model railway layout, set in wild west America.
    [​IMG]
    Hope you like, and have you got any, thanks, Tom.

2. nice effect
    i like the 2nd one better

thanks for sharing these with us

3. how long did it take you to "finish" each image?

4. Hentez

Hentez

Aug 9, 2008
    Columbus OH
    Neat I didn't know picasa could do that

5. Urm, to be honest with you, it only took about 3 minutes MAX for each one, the easiest way I found was to set the "Sharpness" slider all the way to the right, then move the cursor to where you want the main colour to be, resize it using the "Size" slider, and desharpen the "Sharpness" again, and tweek both sliders until the desired effect was created.
    Hi Hentez. its in "Effects" tab>>>"FocalB&W". Hope this little tutorial helps, and I hope you try it out, thanks, Tom.
    *EDIT* Only bad thing is, the area you use to FocalB&W i a circle, and getting preciseness/perfection out of it, is not possible, but still, is alot of fun, and creates cracking results.

6. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Tom Im glad your getting some use out of Picasa. I had never used it myself, I just knew of it and being freeware. Nice effects here

7. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Picasa is a pretty good image organizer and a good basic editor as well.

8. raygun

raygun

Nov 17, 2007
    USA
    Picasa file handling

The most important function in Picasa is the one that keeps a backup of the original files even if you make major modifications to the image. It works very simply: if you make any change to the original, you are given the opportunity of saving the changed file, which, in turn, makes a backup of the original in a sub-directory called "originals".

I don't know of another program that does this so easily. ACDSee does not, PS does not, CNX does not.

This is a great feature for jpeg users, as jpegs do not store the edits.

If, and when, a new version of Picasa comes out that allows spot editing and a little more control over the other functions, we may not need to use any other program for managing, editing, printing, and publishing our photos.

As it is, I use it to control the workflow through PS and CNX already. It would be nice to eliminate the need, and expense, of those programs altogether! :smile:

9. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Lightroom ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.