Pick A Car, Any Car...

bmws.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like it. Is it the car rental forecourt or a dealership? I have a similar shot in my old archives, except it was a dozen Z8 convertibles.

I like it. Is it the car rental forecourt or a dealership? I have a similar shot in my old archives, except it was a dozen Z8 convertibles.

Thanks Tom.

It was neither a rental or a forecourt.

It was Inverness airport. A friend of mine had just taken me up for a flight in a two seater Piper, having just received his pilots license, and when we came down, there they were... 10 brand new M 1-series coupes were gathered for the press launch.

Journalists from Europe were flying in to take them off, drive them around the highlands for a few days, and write their reviews, take their photos, film their videos, make their TV show etc...

Quite an exciting morning for me, really.

bmwbacks.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice photo and perspective. I like the angry-looking clouds a lot and they do add to the sporty, menacing appearance of the front end of those M1's. They should be a great driver's car.

Tri:smile:

Very nice photo and perspective. I like the angry-looking clouds a lot and they do add to the sporty, menacing appearance of the front end of those M1's. They should be a great driver's car.

Tri:smile:

Thank you! I thought they looked gorgeous in the flesh - much nicer than most new BMWs over the last few years. I'm tempted!

It is a stout little car. It is quicker than the M3 on a smooth road. However, the suspension is more like the old M Coupe, which is to say uncompliant. It gets very entertaining on a lumpy road or a wet one.

It is a stout little car. It is quicker than the M3 on a smooth road. However, the suspension is more like the old M Coupe, which is to say uncompliant. It gets very entertaining on a lumpy road or a wet one.

Have you driven one Tom?

The drivers said this was a new model that no one had been allowed to drive yet, but perhaps that's just in Europe.

Or are you a BMW works driver? :smile:

No I have not driven it, but there was a driving test in Auto Motor und Sport. They made the reference to the old M Coupe, which I drove for 40,000 miles before switching to an M5. The M Coupe was a lot of fun, but hard as a rock, and if you were putting power down, in anything but a straight line, it did not take much to unstick the rear. I your german is not too rusty you can read the M1 test here.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...test-fahrdynamik-der-extraklasse-3663499.html

No I have not driven it, but there was a driving test in Auto Motor und Sport. They made the reference to the old M Coupe, which I drove for 40,000 miles before switching to an M5. The M Coupe was a lot of fun, but hard as a rock, and if you were putting power down, in anything but a straight line, it did not take much to unstick the rear. I your german is not too rusty you can read the M1 test here.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...test-fahrdynamik-der-extraklasse-3663499.html

Thanks very much for the link Tom. Unfortunately my German's worse than just rusty!

It looks like fun though.

No problem. The test was published May 5, so it is recent. I don't know when you took your pictures, but you can expect that this particular magazine have early access. It is the biggest and most thorough of the german magazines. I think there was a video link too.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom