Picked Up a New to Me Audi

Drove 4-hours round trip to pick up my new ride: 2012 Audi A3 Hatch TDI (Turbo Diesel) Premium Plus S-Line. On the return drive I stopped in my hometown to snap a few shots as I always have my gear with me:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like #1 since it includes more of the surrounding environment.

On a side note, as a former Audi owner, I will never again own an Audi/VW product after dieselgate. The way that company willfully circumvented environmental regulations was criminal. Your vehicle is one of the cars listed in that recall.

I will get off my soapbox now.

On a side note, as a former Audi owner, I will never again own an Audi/VW product after dieselgate. The way that company willfully circumvented environmental regulations was criminal. Your vehicle is one of the cars listed in that recall.

unfortunately it is now looking like they are not the only perpetrators, where will it end?. Like the colour of the Audi Enjoy.

That's a nice looking vehicle, and your photographs show it well.

I hope you have better luck with the used Audi than my son-in-law did. His required lots of repairs.

Lovely and nice color, got a A3 with the Stassis performance upgrade as a loaner one time when my Audi was in scheduled service, very impressive and fun to drive. I had the 2002 Dolphin Gray A4 Quattro, manual trans, 3.0 liter with sports suspension. Probably the best car I ever owned fun to drive and instilled a high level of confidence especially in inclement weather. Only problem is that went thru tires quite quickly but then I was running ultra-high performance summer tires.

I hesitated to comment but decided that you can always just ignore my comments.
As an automotive electrician I generally warn people not to buy Audi. It's obviously entirely up to you of course but, depending on environmental conditions I suppose, they can be a nightmare.
In New Zealand things get pretty wet. Audis have too much electronics mounted in silly places, under floor panels, in the trunk [where the rain eventually gets past the seals] and when one module goes it can take down the whole system. Some of these modules are 'locked' to the vehicle so a used part may need to be coded by the dealers when something fails.
If money is no object then by all means drive whatever pleases you - otherwise be warned that newer Audis are riddled with computers and when they get sick they get 'multiple sclerosis". We have a corner in our yard for vehicles not worth fixing and when we had 6 cars in that corner all 6 were European cars, 4 were Audis.

I hesitated to comment but decided that you can always just ignore my comments.
As an automotive electrician I generally warn people not to buy Audi. It's obviously entirely up to you of course but, depending on environmental conditions I suppose, they can be a nightmare.
In New Zealand things get pretty wet. Audis have too much electronics mounted in silly places, under floor panels, in the trunk [where the rain eventually gets past the seals] and when one module goes it can take down the whole system. Some of these modules are 'locked' to the vehicle so a used part may need to be coded by the dealers when something fails.
If money is no object then by all means drive whatever pleases you - otherwise be warned that newer Audis are riddled with computers and when they get sick they get 'multiple sclerosis". We have a corner in our yard for vehicles not worth fixing and when we had 6 cars in that corner all 6 were European cars, 4 were Audis.
I have owned 23 Audi motors 3 A8's down no problems here.

Real Name
David
Drove 4-hours round trip to pick up my new ride: 2012 Audi A3 Hatch TDI (Turbo Diesel) Premium Plus S-Line. On the return drive I stopped in my hometown to snap a few shots as I always have my gear with me:....
Looks great, enjoy. I hope you got a good deal on it. I know my son got a REALLY good deal on his Jetta TDI. Financially it was they best car he could afford thanks to the deals and additional warranties.

I agree what they did was wrong and they have paid a lot, it will probably take them years to completely recover. I've tried to like other brands (I'm on my 3rd A4). But I keep coming back to what has been the only car I've ever really enjoyed driving for more than a few years. If the Genesis G70 been available it might be a different story, it looks pretty interesting.

Congrats on the new car! That reminds me I need to divert funds from my camera gear back into my ride. My car is literally on it's last legs falling apart! It's always a tough decision between new lens or oil change! :D

Congrats on your new Audi! I had an A5 2.0T which was a fun car, but burned through a bunch of oil, which turned out to be an issue for that particular engine. Fortunately it was a lease. I bought a 2015 S4 and I love this car to pieces. I spec'd it out and ordered it through the dealer, broke it in over the first 100 miles, and it's been as reliable as the Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys of old. Routine maintenance and that's it, no surprises. I love how it cruises along comfortably, and comes alive at full throttle with the supercharger. Hope yours doesn't give you any issues during your ownership.

I agree that what they did was criminal. I suspect that to a degree all of the manufacturers have tried to game the emissions rules and VW got caught and made an example of to the other automakers. I'm glad to see that VW has heavily invested in electronic vehicles. I've always admired Tesla, but do worry about whether they have staying power given their alternative sales model and Musk's shenanigans. The best thing Tesla did was prod VW and the other major German automakers along in the luxury segment. I enjoy how my combustion engine vehicle drives, but wouldn't at all mind owning an E-Tron or Taycan down the road with the ability to just plug it in every night.

Real Name
David
Congrats on your new Audi! I had an A5 2.0T which was a fun car, but burned through a bunch of oil, which turned out to be an issue for that particular engine. Fortunately it was a lease. I bought a 2015 S4 and I love this car to pieces. I spec'd it out and ordered it through the dealer, broke it in over the first 100 miles, and it's been as reliable as the Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys of old. Routine maintenance and that's it, no surprises. I love how it cruises along comfortably, and comes alive at full throttle with the supercharger. Hope yours doesn't give you any issues during your ownership.
My first two A4's went through oil as well. Still loved both, the first had the 3.0 V6, the second was the 2.0 T4.

I've always admired Tesla, but do worry about whether they have staying power given their alternative sales model and Musk's shenanigans.
Tesla's big problem now is the expiration of the government subsidy/rebate. The Tesla vehicles will not be competitive with all the new electric vehicles from established automakers (Mercedes, VW, BMW , Volvo, Porsche, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai) coming onto the market which will have rebates. And the major automakers can afford to lose a bit on electric cars since they have other, profitable, vehicles to sell, unlike Tesla. I think Tesla is in trouble.

And the major automakers can afford to lose a bit on electric cars since they have other, profitable, vehicles to sell, unlike Tesla. I think Tesla is in trouble.
It's funny how we accept that the big guys will lose money on their EVs. I own a Chevy Volt. It's the best car I've ever owned. It was just discontinued by GM. They lost money on every Volt they sold and never advertised the car. It was built merely to satisfy the CAFE standards for their entire fleet.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom