Picked up an 85 1.8 in z mount

I called my store on a whim and asked if they had one in stock. They said yes even though the website said no. I headed there and picked it up. It seems to do very well. I think I am going to like this lens especially after they release a new body with better focus module.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great portrait. I bought this lens along with my Z6 and finally got around to trying it out. I have used many 85 lenses and recently the Fuji 56, but I think I'm going to really like the 85S for portraits.

Great portrait. I bought this lens along with my Z6 and finally got around to trying it out. I have used many 85 lenses and recently the Fuji 56, but I think I'm going to really like the 85S for portraits.
It is fast becoming my go lens
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It just does not focus as well as my 850 or d5. There are work arounds. In low light i switch to manual and focus peaking but never needed to Do this with my d5

Real Name
Chris
It just does not focus as well as my 850 or d5. There are work arounds. In low light i switch to manual and focus peaking but never needed to Do this with my d5
Have you tried using low light focus mode? I was in near pitch black with a distant lighthouse and it worked well. Way slower but works. Atleast in my experience. I tend to be of the frame of mind that the Z7 doesn’t perform as well as the 850 for say high speed sports shots as far as focusing but for average (normal) sports And anything else I haven’t had complaints compared to the two. Can’t really compare to the D5 as it’s made entirely for a different purpose and spec.

I just watched thus a bit ago and did change a couple settings. It helped but not as fast still. I put two tripods next to each other and crank focus ring so it was all the way in. Two of us pushed back button focus and the 850 wad faster. Both were using 24-70 2.8 at 2.8 and we took the picture when we got focus lock. It was lower light in the studio with a modeling light on each strobe.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom