Picked up the wrong kid

1k0.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D7100
85mm 1.8D
f2
1/40 sec
ISO 140

What a great image, strengthened by the title.
I was taught an image that needed text was a weak image. They were wrong.
This image needs this exact title.
A little dark and underexposed, but that works as well.
I tried street photography myself for a while. I gave up, birds are much easier.
Thanks for sharing
gary

What a great image, strengthened by the title.
I was taught an image that needed text was a weak image. They were wrong.
This image needs this exact title.
A little dark and underexposed, but that works as well.
I tried street photography myself for a while. I gave up, birds are much easier.
Thanks for sharing
gary
Thank you! It was one of those lucky shots, I had just picked out the camera and wasn't aware that I didn't have the ISO on auto so it turned out underexposed.

I did give it another go at correcting the exposure but I feel like it gives away too much of the mystery lol She didn't pick up the wrong kid, she was just putting her beanie on and I managed to snap a few shots during the process.
85a70839-b1db-48ff-8636-9cf9e12e605a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

When I saw the caption and the image, my first question was, "and how do you know that?" before realizing that probably the kid was indeed her own anyway...and I can think of other captions more related to certain physical actions on the part of the kid (then involving cleanup operations) which also could have provoked such a seeming reaction. LOL! The beanie adjustment explanation makes the most sense, though.

As others have already mentioned, the first, darker version of exposure seems to be the more interesting and intriguing, inviting the viewer to look and wonder.....

Last edited:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom