PICKWICK CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rbsmith, May 13, 2005.

1. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    If any of you from the North Alabama, North Mississippi and Tennessee areas are interested. The Pickwick Challenge will be Saturday and Sunday at Pickwick Landing. These are the high end Cigarette Boats racing. Time trials or qualifying is Saturday with the finals on Sunday. You can get details at picwickchallange.com.

I am going up with my camera tomorrow. My daughter has recitals on Sunday so I can't go then. Some of you guys with the longer lenses can probably get some good shots.

Oh yeah for those of you that are about my age (47). Grand Funk Railroad will be in concert Saturday Night.

2. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    Also, I read in the newspaper today that there will be a steamboat docking in Savannah Sunday afternoon. That would probably yield some great shots as well. I would love to attend the races, but my weekend is already looking pretty busy. I'll look forward to seeing your shots of the events instead. Good luck!

3. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I went to the races today. Weather was not great. It was raining when I got there. Then it was muggy with a lot of haze. The pics are not great but I will post a few anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the link to some more.
    http://rbsmith.smugmug.com/gallery/533924

Today was the time trials. Tomorrow will be the actual races.

4. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Now the Images are working.

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Cool!! How did I miss this? Oh well. Maybe next time.

Thanks, and nice shots.

6. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    Those are very good. The boat in pic #52 belongs to a former employer of my husband. That's actually the first time I've ever seen pics of it though. Today is so bright and sunny, if they're racing again today, I bet those pics would just jump out at you!