Pics used in a concert review...

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by kgilby, Aug 28, 2008.

1. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    I recently took some shots at the Steely Dan concert in Chicago, and was asked if some of them could be used for a review. Here's the link I received today from the writer: http://www.livemusicblog.com/reviews/08/08/27/steely-dan-chicago-theater.php#comments

I told him he could use the images, and to just give me credit for them. Well, he did that AND linked to my Pbase galleries as well. How is this kind of thing normally done?

Ken

2. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Normally you should be paid to license use for your photographs. They accept advertisements on their blog which means they make money. Your pictures help attract people to their blog and see those advertisements so you should get a piece of the pie.

3. lazijay

lazijay

Jul 27, 2008
    Salinas, CA
    Did this venue allow you to bring in your camera? Or do you have like a photo pass? I want to know how to get a photo pass because I'd love to take pictures of my favorite band, Saves The Day.

4. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Are you trying to break into concert photography? Maybe this is one way of building up a portfolio. Nice series!!!

5. you did a great job
    nice to see your image displayed this way

as long as you made the right "financial" decision for YOU... that's all that matters to us

6. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks Walter. Can you point me towards a site that discusses what a fair price might be for this type of situation?

Ken

7. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Jason,
    I just got lucky and made it in, I guess. There were others with their camera's, but I didn't see any other DSLR's around us, although there could have been.

Ken

8. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks Mark. It would be fun to get closer than the upper balcony and be able to move around for some closer shots, that's for sure. Thanks again.

Ken

9. kgilby

kgilby

Oct 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Thanks for commenting Greg. It is fun to see these up on somebody's site.

Ken

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.