Picture Control

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by David Collignon, Aug 22, 2008.

1. I was loading a couple new picture controls in my D300 last night and realized that their is a limit as to how many you can put in your camera. I have the original ones that came with the camera, the three D2X modes and I was trying to put in a "Landscape" and a "Potrait" control. It would only allow me to put one of the two last one's in there. Has anybody had this experience. I haven't had the time to try all of them yet and like everything else there are probably some that an individual will seldom or never use.
    Any comments would be appreciated.
    I looked through the book but didn't see anything in there about a limit....of course I am legally half blind according to my sweetie...lol.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Dave

2. Yep, I think the limit is 4, so if you've put in all three of the DX2 controls, then you can not add both the portrait and landscape.

I deleted DX2 #2 and loaded the new portrait version. I never used #2 anyway and this new one is kinda nice to play with.

3. Eyaldar

Eyaldar

Dec 21, 2007
    Israel
    there are extra 10 custom Picture Control settings slots, but that's for user defined Picture Control settings

4. Thanks all
    Appreciate the feedback

5. Just a helpful tip...
    I got one of my old CF cards (64 MB.. Huge hey), and load up all my custom curves and Picture Control settings plus the Nikon downloads (D2X modes, portrait & Landscape)...
    Then if I need one of my other custom curves, I just put in that CF card and over right one of my previous loaded curves.
    Then if I want it back, I just load it up again...
    Too easy...

6. Thanks Wally
    Excellent Idea
    I have and old small CF card I can use

Thanks