Picture Cooler 1st Test

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by papa85, Aug 27, 2005.

1. papa85

papa85 Guest

Because you asked Gordon !!!!

Here is the first test. Each photo is 100% cropped. See if you see a difference, I think I was to heavy on the adjustment but there is in my eyes a great improvement. I can see, the more you use it the better you will get. This is my first attempt at such a thing. Also it is much more of a program then just to denoise. Can't beat the price. :biggrin: :biggrin: :Shocked:

The photo is a Stage Play of Beauty and the Beast. ISO is 640--200mm--F/3.5--Exposure Time 1/50sec.--No Flash . Same on 2ed photo...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Comments Please. Good and Bad :Smoking:

2. I am impressed. And like you said the price is right.

Russ

3. papa85

papa85 Guest

Thanks Russ I think it is a good deal.

4. Tony,

I use Neat Image myself for this type of situation. As you said, I think the tendency at first, is to overdo it a bit. If this program is a plug-in in Photoshop (Neat Image is), you can attenuate the resulting plastic effect, by using the Edit | Fade... command, moving the slider to the left. Otherwise, I am sure you can dial in the controls so the effect is a bit more subttle. :wink: :smile:

5. MaCo

MaCo

Jun 23, 2005
    Netherlands
    Oh, oh, Trojan in the software

Hya guys (and gals),

My anti-virus software warned me for a trojan in the mentioned software:
    "... Is the Trojan horse TR/Drop.FakeBckd.A"

Better be careful!

6. papa85

papa85 Guest

I'm running a heavy anti virus also and no detection on my program. There are a lot of people using this program and you are the first that I heard is having a problem. I wonder. :Depressed

7. MaCo

MaCo

Jun 23, 2005
    Netherlands
    I was also wondering if my anti-virus program was having a bad day. But since the author of the program did not respond to the questions I sent him, I put the warning up yesterday evening. :Curved:

8. It seems to handle the noise improvement quite well without making things look plastic.