Picture from a newcomer

Discussion in 'Birds' started by SteepNDeep, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Hi,

Having just joined Nikon Cafe last night, this is my first "picture" post. This picture can also be seen on my New Member Introduction thread, but I would appreciate some feed back.

[​IMG]

All kinds of input are sought, but in particular, I have trouble making the head details show without washing out the bodies. Do you think I did an adequate job?

2. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Nice pic Al. Welcome to the cafe'. :smile:

3. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    You did great, Al and welcome to the cafe. Nice shot too!

4. Welcome to the cafe. It is nice capture, but I want to offer a couple of critics if you don't mind...

1. I feel the frame is trying to "squeeze" the subjects.

2. The image is slightly overexposed and perhaps needs a little tweaking to enhance the contrast in PS.

Anyway, please don't stop posting. I am also still learning, so my comments maybe way out of whack.

Good luck.

5. Thank you all for your welcome!

1. The birds in the capture are small enough that cropping is necessary. Did I cropped too much? Or is the blurred border that's the culprit? Should I just use a simple white border?

2. I agree the picture is a little bright, but nothing is clipped. May be I played around with the curves too much. My main problem is that the heads are so much blacker than the bodies, so that if I want any detail in that area, it will be too much for the rest of the frame.

I change the border, played with the curves some more and increased the saturation. How do y'all like it?

[​IMG]

Any input will greatly be appreciated!

6. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    I like the second better. More clear-er.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.