Picture Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Farmergirl, May 17, 2007.

1. I am just wondering what site you use for storing pics online. I see some use smugmug or pbase. Which do you prefer? Right now I am using another site and don't always want to post all my pics on there.

Thanks
    Sarah

2. I've been using smugmug for several years without a hitch. If the site goes down for maintenance for a couple hours, you get a notice several days in advance.

Pbase on the other hand seems to have constant issues...

3. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    I agree about SmugMug. I have been with them for 2 years next month.

Never had a problem that kept me away from using my account.

If you decide to go with them, just request a coupon code from anyone here on the forum that uses them already and you will get a discount. :wink:

4. Smugmug for me...I actually have 2 sites, one for family stuff and one for business stuff...my family stuff site is pretty basic smugmug, while my business site has been heavily customized...see the "capture" site below on my sig...it is totally done by customizing smugmug...

5. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

:cool: I've been with smugmug also and like it. I also had problems (technically) in trying to upgrade but that's another problem.
    www.bsvirginian.smugmug.com

6. I prefer smugmug.

7. another vote from a Smugmug user. Another service Zenfolio looks promising though.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    pbase for me

9. Another vote for Smugmug.....:smile:

10. I have a Smugmug Pro site. Dollar-for-dollar, it's the best money I've spent on anything photographic.

11. I used to be SmugMug, but for my storage space, I was money ahead to switch to PBase.

George.

12. Hi Sarah -

I've used pbase for 5 1/2 years and I've been quite satisfied with them . . .

Eric

13. Thanks for all your input eveyone. I will have to make up my mind soon.

14. ok smug mug it is do you have the coupon code. Thanks in advance.

Sarah

15. SmugMug, never a problem.

16. If you haven't gotten a code from someone else, I'd be delighted if you'd use mine: XJFQwm9f8H5mg. Thanks, and welcome to Smugmug!

17. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    I used to use pBase, but I never liked the user interface. When my account expired, I switched to a SmugMug pro account, and I like it much better. Here's my code if you want to save $5:

VarCxk4fPvzY1

-- Russ

18. Thanks everyone. I have used a code from Steph.

Sarah

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.