Pictures along the river

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Gilles, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Yesterday i went not to far from home alongside the St-Maurice river to see if there was any color left in the trees.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All pictures taken with VR70-200 with Gitzo 2200 tripod and RRS BH 55 pro ballhead.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005
  2. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Great contrast between the power lines and those gorgeous trees, incorporate the obstruction rather than cut it out. Very impressive Gilles, thanks.

3. These are so nice Gilles.

I had noticed before that you would go to shoot fall colors along the St. Maurice river. Now I kind of understand that you actually live in "la Mauricie" - makes me jealous, I love that region! I have lived in T.R.-O for six years (late eighties - early nineties). Easily the nicest region of La Belle Province that I have lived in.

4. Gilles, these are just lovely. I really like these two!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

5. the 2 that Virginia chose are my favorites as well. I got to ask tho, what is the stacked bricks/log structure thingy??? :confused: very nice series.
    Dave

6. Virginia and Rob thank you for your comments.

Frits i am from La Maurice there's a lot of nice places to take pictures but right now at that place most of the bright colors are gone, like the red.

Dave that pile of wood and brick represent if i am not mistaken a swirl in the river it was made a few years ago by a Japanese scultor, If i go back i will take a picture from the other side.

The bridge in the last picture is running off a dam to go on the other side of the river. I just learn today that there is a parc on that side too with other sculpture.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those are the most beuatuful colors i have ever seen.

I hope you filled all your cf cards with all that color :>)))

8. Gale i am still shooting in jpeg; hope soon to try my hand at raw but the computer is slow and need to be upgrade.

Here a different shot of reflexion in the water.

[​IMG]

9. Hi Gilles, these pictures are really nice. Especially, I like the decay theme of #4. Nice combination of decayed man made construction and nature living thing.

10. Love your colorful and well done images of fall. Thanks for sharing these excellent scenes.

11. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Gilles,
    I like the 4th one the most, the composition is great

12. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Gilles,
    This is a wonderful series of shots. I particularly like nos. 1,3,4 & 5. As I've expressed in another thread, I love the interplay of light and color. These do it as best as can be done and with some creativety too.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005