Pictures along the trail (7)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Gilles, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Second visit to lac Bouchard lake.

Marsh in the sun
    [​IMG]

Colors in the trees a week later
    [​IMG]

Floating rock
    [​IMG]

Mother nature taking a swim
    [​IMG]

Dead trees surrounded by colors
    [​IMG]

Tree relaxing
    [​IMG]

Color reflexion in a small brook
    [​IMG]

Ferns
    [​IMG]

Mushroom
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2005
  2. Very nice autumn series, Gilles. Good timing also, rain for the next 4 - 5 days or so....

3. Finally had a day with sun ? None here - or insufficient to even think to go out for these fall colours. Is this going to be a season w/o any "typical" autumnal shots ?
    I reaaly like the more abstract ones. For me too, it's a way to go.

4. Christian the bright sun was there for about 1/2 hour, i took the same picture of the marsh 1 hour later and it's completely different. As for the colors you can see a lot of grey from empty trees with the wind and rain a lot of the leaves are on the ground. I took the panoramic road to go out on the other side of the park and there's more colors on that side. I am surprised to see how many people that do trekking in the park, a lot of people with nice cameras that don't seem to take any pictures. As Frits said, a lot of rain forecast for the rest of the week, most of the park close on sunday the 16 I guess that now i will have to wait for the winter to go back there or next year in may for the reopening.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow you have captured some gorgeous color and images.

Nice job.

I do miss the changing colors.

Not the cold though.

It might get down to 65 in my neck of the wood in florida this wekend...hahahha

6. Gale the temperature that day was 10 when i left but 58F in the afternoon, very nice temperature for trekking when you carry a backpack.

7. Even more beautiful than your last batch!!! Stunning colours. We too are having rain but at least no wind. Hopefully, when the sun comes out on Monday we'll still have some leaves left on the trees. Just when I'd cleared my calendar to go leaf-peeping!! LOL

8. Sandi compare to the week before, there's not more colours left but the change of colours is not the same everywhere, at home there a lot of maple trees on the street and not many colours yet or it will do like last year, mostly turn yellow instead of those bright red colours.

9. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Marsh in the sun is my favorite. Thanks for the images.