Pictures, descriptions and costs of all the best Apple products

Ooh, just saw this thread!!!! Off to take a look at the link!!!

Aw, gee, I'm falling behind!!!! Actually 2020 is the first year in which I have not bought ANYTHING new in the way of Apple products! Wow!! Usually I buy the new iPhone when it comes out, and I didn't do that, although I'll admit I'm still tempted by the iPhone 12 Pro, and the Graphite would match my new car beautifully..... :D. I am planning to buy an M1 MBP with 1 TB SSD and 16 GB RAM, but they're selling like hotcakes and I'm not in a big hurry, so am waiting until the initial mad rush is over and they're readily available on Apple retail store shelves where I can just walk in and buy one and bring it home.

It is funny that Mike mentions I have two of everything -- actually, most of what I do have is in pairs: two iPhones (iPhone XS, iPhone 11 Pro), iPads (iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 3rd gen 12.9"), Macs 15" 2018 MBP, 2017 12" MacBook)....!!! Also have two Apple Watches: the first-generation one, which is now comfortably enjoying retirement tucked away in a drawer, and the Series 3 Space Black Stainless Steel with matching link bracelet that I wear mainly when I go out, which in these days of the Pandemic means that I'm not wearing it as much as usual since I'm sticking pretty close to home most days. A couple of classic 5G iPods are also sitting in the same drawer with the first-gen Apple Watch, since I don't use them any more.

Some things I don't have and don't feel the need for: AppleTV (tried one a few years ago and found I wasn't using it, so gave it away and that was that), Home Pod (I'm in a small condo unit and can easily play my music right from iTunes on the computer if I so desire and hear it all over the house), Headphones and Air Pods -- don't need them as my hearing aids can stream my music right from my iPhone when I want, and/or I also have a pair of bone conduction headphones which work really well for me since the type of hearing loss I have is bone conduction. In the car I have Apple CarPlay and BT for enjoying my music.

As for the various services, I do have AppleTV Plus, but only because the subscription came free when I bought the iPhone 11 Pro last year. Have I even bothered watching anything? Ah, no.... When the free subscription lapses, which it will be doing soon, that will be the end of that, too. I don't subscribe to Apple Music, I'm perfectly happy with the iTunes collection I have put together through the years.

It seems as though 2020 has been the year where I've focused my attention more on camera gear (lenses and accessories) than on anything Apple. However, the year isn't quite over yet....

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom