Pictures from a wet Yosemite with Ron Reznick and class

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
After a long drive home to my new home in Duncan, Vancouver Island I have finally been able to do some processing of my shots from the Yosemite part of the trip. Yosemite was awesomee this year, it had rained very hard the week before and all the meadows where filled with water so they looked like lakes! The waterfalls where awesome in the true meaning of the word.

It was a very good learning experience for me, Ron sure knows his stuff, and he can play the guitar as well, what more can you ask for!
We went up early every day (3:30 am) to catch the sunrise and not miss the inspring brunch at the Awhanee hotel (spelled wrong?) after the shoot. It was a very interesting bunch of fellow Photgraphers, all had D2x cameras except one person but he had two cameras instead...

A big thanks to Ron, Paul and the others for making this a great learning experience and so much fun!

Here are some shots, I have concentrated on more unsusual shots because of the water levels. They are all in Adobe RGB so you wont see the full color glory I'm afraid over Pbase. :
(you can see the rest at http://www.pbase.com/andreasb/yosemite_with_ron_reznick
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Adobe RGB

SRGB

Adobe RGB

SRGB

(note the sun at 10 o clock lighting up the trees...)
This is the very unusual Snow plant, this was the biggest Ron had ever seen.

Ron at Work

Real Name
Chris
Andreas! Those are absolutely wonderful! While so many people are Adams influenced at Yosemite, you've illustrated the place uniquely. I never even knew there was THAT much water there!

That one's Perfect!

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you, one of the waiters at the Hotel said he had not seen so much water since 96. It was very very inspiring.

They look way better in Capture or PS when you can see the full Adobe RGB colors!

Chris101 said:
Andreas! Those are absolutely wonderful! While so many people are Adams influenced at Yosemite, you've illustrated the place uniquely. I never even knew there was THAT much water there!

That one's Perfect!

Very nice, Andreas!

Did you consider saving a set of them in sRGB, so we could see them in their full glory? It's an easy conversion in Photoshop...

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Thanks all for the kind comments. As for PS and conversions I'm not friends with the combo with Pbase. No matter what I do the colors come out like they have been washed, I did convert 2 of them and inserted them in the original message next to the adobe RGB version, they looked washed out... Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Andreas

My sister cancelled for this weekend, so maybe we can get together. I would be happy to show you how to do the conversion to sRGB so that you can post properly to pbase.

Also, maybe we can shoot the same target/lens, but with our respective D2x's to see if you have a focus issue with your camera.

Rory

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Sounds good I can do Sunday, I could come up tp your place

andreas

hillrg said:
Hi Andreas

My sister cancelled for this weekend, so maybe we can get together. I would be happy to show you how to do the conversion to sRGB so that you can post properly to pbase.

Also, maybe we can shoot the same target/lens, but with our respective D2x's to see if you have a focus issue with your camera.

Rory

Real Name
Dave Watts
Very nice Andreas
The colors look great on my screen ??
Ron is a cool guy, did not know he played guitar. I do too but knowing how well he does photography I bet I dont play near as well!
Sure wish I could have been there, the extra water made for unique and special shots.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Thanks for the nice words. The green especially looks much brighter and lucid when I view thtem here.

Yes Ron used to play professionally.... we had a great time when all the others had left.

dmwphoto said:
Very nice Andreas
The colors look great on my screen ??
Ron is a cool guy, did not know he played guitar. I do too but knowing how well he does photography I bet I dont play near as well!
Sure wish I could have been there, the extra water made for unique and special shots.

Andreas, glad you had a good time with Ron, he's a stellar guy and I was fortunate enough to study with him a few summers ago in the Catskills. Great sense of humour too, let alone a fountain of knowledge.

These shots are stunning. One can almost smell the spring air in the sunrise. You've done a great job in capturing Mother Nature at her finest.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Thanks for the kind words, Yosemite was very unusual this year, it was great to see it this way and not the "ususal" if one can ever say that about Yosemite...

TOLady said:
Andreas, glad you had a good time with Ron, he's a stellar guy and I was fortunate enough to study with him a few summers ago in the Catskills. Great sense of humour too, let alone a fountain of knowledge.

These shots are stunning. One can almost smell the spring air in the sunrise. You've done a great job in capturing Mother Nature at her finest.

Andreas,

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. You definitely got some wonderful shots. Your experience with Ron sounds very much like my two sessions last year. He's so knowledgeable in all areas related to photography, and has the ability to pass the knowledge along to others in a way that can be understood. On top of that, he's a heck of a nice guy.

For our session at Sanibel last November, I took my bass guitar and telecaster (for Ron to play), and David Mutter brought his Yamaha synth and amp. We had a 2 or 3 hour jam session after class was over one night. You are right; Ron can really play, and David is an outstanding keyboard artist. They left me in their dust, but we had fun.

i've taken a class with...he has so much info and energy...i hope i can take his class again...maybe he might come this way?

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Problem solved?
Rory has been so kind to sit down with me today to solve the puzzle with the washed out colors. It turns out that the colors look just fine on his screens, and they looked washed out on mine. We have managed to trace this problem to being somewhere in Windows Explorer's fax viewer.

So all of you probably saw the right colors and my Yosemite pictures in their full glory in the first place, it is probably only me not seeing them correctly, unless I see them in NC or PS, however odd that may sound.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom