Pictures From Haines, AK Bald Eagle Festival

Here is my first attempt at photographing bald eagles. Some turned out great, others, not so great. Here are a few. I'll put more up as I get the time. All these were shot with a rented D3s and my Sigma 150-500. C and C always welcome. Thanks for looking

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Matt these are very nice...with #4 being my favorite. I would do a bit more work on this one if it were mine to punch it up a little. Its such a cool shot...and its great as is, but I think you could milk a bit more pop out of it. Perhaps darkening the bg just a tad to bring out the Eagle...as its human nature to focus on a lighter or brighter spot in an image. Thanks for sharing these...I look forward to seeing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt,

Really love these photos. Wow almost 40 birds in that one shot. I agree that punching up the contrast might help some but overall nice job.

Michael

Thanks for sharing, Took a trip to Haines about 6 years ago in the summer to check it out with the intent of going back for the Festival. but just can seem to get the time to go maybe next year.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom