Pictures from my village.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by tojor, Aug 22, 2005.

1. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I'll try my first picture contribution to this site. I guess it takes a little courage with so many skilled people here.

I live in a small resort in Denmark. Many tourists during summer, peaceful and quiet during winter.

Here's a few shots from my village.

A couple of small shops:

An old house right opposite my house:

View over the water:

A hay field:

Hope you like them.

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very nice village, great photo. Thanks for sharing Torben.

3. No reason to feel intimidated, you are among friends. Your photography is good and I find your images interesting. Your buildings are certainly different from where I live. Thanks for sharing images of the area around your home it is certainly beautiful. :biggrin:

4. Very nice shots! Love the hayfield shot!!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank you for sharing your little corner of the world to us. Very pretty. Quaint..

Pretty images

6. Torben;

What fantastic shots! You live in a beautiful part of the world. Thanks for sharing them.

Brian

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thank you all for your very nice comments. I appreciate all of them. Yes, I am fortunately enough to live in a nice part of the world. I just wish it would rain a little less. One of the most beautiful places I've seen is in your part of the world, Gordon. I remember Zion Nationalpark in Utah as really magnificent. It was before digital photography so I only have a lot of slides from that trip. Wonderful light and colors.

I have a few more from my village on http://www.pbase.com/tojor/my_village. Nothing much, just a few snapshots.

Torben

8. You live in a very colorful place, hope to see more of it.

9. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I think the photos are wonderful, been to Denmark many times. My wife is Danish, born and raised until she was 24. She goes 2 times a year while I go once. We already have a trip planed for next summer, when her brother is getting married. This time I will bring my gear so I can shoot a few pictures, both the wedding and landscapes.

Again great photos and great name, we named my son Torben.

Ron

10. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks.

Ron, great name for your son, means the Bear of Thor (Nordic God responsible for thunderstorms). Not a very common name in the US. Where in Denmark are you going?

I've been to Chicago a couple of times myself. Last time was in 2000. I have friends in Wisconsin.

11. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Torben! Looks like you live in a beautiful area and I appreciate you sharing your photos with us. It's wonderful to be able to see what other parts of the world are like. Well done!

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Lovely village you live in. I especially love the first shot...Will have to add Denmark to my list of places to visit. Thanks for sharing.

13. Hello Torben -

Your photos of your beautiful environs are well-done and evocative - the building shots are especially colorful.

I'll look forward to seeing more photos of your town throughout all the seasons.

Eric

14. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Love the first one.
    The red table just holds my eye. Love it.

15. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thank you all. I appreciate your comments. Just wish I had more time on my hand, as digital photography is very time consuming. But it's such a great and rewarding hobby.