Pictures Given

Hi out there! So, I'm just starting my photography business and I'm trying to get a handle on how many pictures I actually give people. I typically just give them a disk included in their price (I'm not messing with prints). My question is, after a shoot, how many pictures do you typically provide for a client? Thanks ahead of time for your help!

I think that is a personal preference...everyone shoots differently. For instances I shoot anywhere from 50-75 images when shooting High School Seniors. A friend of mine shoots between 100 - 110. On my invoice I do have a sentence that reads (not verbatium because I don't have my invoice in front of me)...If you would like to purchase your session on disk...this is a flat fee of $1350.00

so when you say 50-75 images are you saying thats how many you shoot that they choose from or thats how many you give them? My issue is that I give a disk of fully edited photos included in my price, I was just wondering what the norm is for people to recieve. Is it 20 photos or 100?

I shoot 75...I show about 50. I sell packages ... I do not sell images on disk (and I don't sell 4x6's and 5x7) I sell odd sizes. However if they want to buy my images on disk...I'll sell them for $1350, but I will not touch them up. But I will give them hi-res images.

But I have never done that yet...

If you want to sell your images already on disk...Perhaps give them half of whatever you shoot.

Again my personal preference is...I would rather not give images on disk.

Thank you so much for your help Seneca! Right now I'm just starting out and building clientelle so its much easier for me to give disks while I work on packages and stuff of that nature. I usually keep it around 50 pictures that I give them on the disk that they pay for. I just didn't know if 50 was too many or too little in comparison to what they would get from another photographer! You have been helpful Thank You!

Latest threads

Top Bottom