Pictures of flowers taken from underneath

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Roosje, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Today not pictures of flowers which are taken from above :biggrin:

Small wild flower in a field
    [​IMG]

Aster
    [​IMG]

Aster with hovering fly
    [​IMG]

2. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    A very nice change - the blue sky makes an interesting backdrop. Did you get down on hands and knees? I think the second one could use a wee bit of cropping. Like them.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OH so pretty...

The first looks like an Orchid.....

4. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Thank you :smile: Because the flower was so small the camera had difficulties to focus and because the blue sky was a perfect background with that pink, I decided to take photos from this angle, this way the camera had no problems with focussing. I sat on the ground while taking the photo, and held the camera low to the ground. The CP 8800 has a display which you can move in all kinds of directions :smile: When I saw the asters I decided to go on taking pictures from this angle, but with them I could stay standing holding the camera in a low position.

I have decided to buy some different colored cards which I could use when I have to focus on a small object which the camera has difficulties with when there is a lot of other things to focus on in the background.

Roosje

5. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Thank you, the field did look so pretty with these pink and white flowers :smile: I don't think they were orchids. This field is in a small nature reserve, here nearby. They grow all kind of things, pumpkins, wheat, mais etc. I suspect that in this field they let these flowers grow to make the ground ready for a certain crop.

Roosje

6. Wow, really nice and the hovering fly is amazing. Wonderful series.

7. Thanks for showing us the underside and a new perspective. I thought this one was fantastic!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera.
    [​IMG]

8. Very nice florals, Roosje! You've helped remind me of the advantages of the flip/swivel display for composing in tight situations that would be impossible for a dslr... and the enormous DOF of a Coolpix is a great advantage, too.

I shipped my d70 back to Nikon for repair yesterday, and was feeling gloomy without a camera. Now that you've inspired me with your photos, I'm going to dig out my 5700, charge up its 4 spare batteries, and start shooting :smile:.

9. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    :smile:

Sometimes I wish, when I look at all those beautiful photos made with a SRL, that I have the same possibilities with my CP, but than I think of the beautiful and top photos that some people make with their prosumer and I tell myself learn and accept the short comings of the CP and I can also make top photo's but in an other category. Vickey, on a Belgium board, is one of those people who worked with a "mere" Canon G5 and now since a month with a Canon G6 http://vickysgallery.fotopic.net/ It is unbelievable what she does with that camera of hers.

Roosje

10. The SLRs offer some distinct advantages, but mostly for low light and action. The quality of the Nikon prosumer cameras is amazing, considering their convenient size. Despite having the d70 for 15 months, many of the images in my "favorites" gallery are still products of the cp995 and cp5700. Maybe there's more to good pictures than gear :confused:.

original.

View attachment 16330

View attachment 16331

View attachment 16332

View attachment 16333

View attachment 16334

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2005
  11. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Those are really amazing! That hummingbird! it is unbelievable that you have taken that with an CP, how far away was it? I still have so much to learn :smile:

Roosje

12. Thanks, Roosje! I took the hummer from a distance of about 6 feet. But you don't have any in your part of the world, so describing my technique wouldn't be very useful, as it's based on a hovering bird.

Ah, we all do. That's part of the allure of photography... the learning never ends :cool:.

13. Nice work the second one i would crop a bit more. And the blue is bit to cyan in the second. But great work thanks for sharing and nice perspective.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

14. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Thank you to those with advice on the second photo. I will do the composition and color of that one over again :smile:

Roosje