Pictures of me Shooting Macros

Discussion in 'People' started by NateS, Apr 28, 2011.

1. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    I am putting together a photo book and needed some images of myself for the inside of the book. So I had my wife grab the camera and take a few shots of me taking some macro images. I was taking shots of an assassin bug eating what I believe to be a March Fly (look for that posting soon).

This is my primary setup which is the D90, MB-D80, 68mm kenko tube set, Tamron 180mm f3.5, SB-600, and lumiquest LQ-7 softbox.

Me looking for a bug
    p854063102-4.

This is me and my posture when standing to take macros. Arms tucked in tight and very sturdy stance. Slight rocking motion for focus.
    p1056051736-4.

When possible I try to squat. This makes me like a human "bipod" and is much easier to focus (I even sit when it's not muddy to make myself into a tripod)
    p1045026114-4.

And me, smiling for the camera
    p1022737420-4.

I hope somebody enjoys these because I HATE having my picture taken....HATE IT BAD.

Attached Files:

2. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Nice images Nate. Even with the flash I'd be looking at a tripod with your rigg.

3. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Lol...I am always uncomfortable when I have to pose for the camera. I use the cord because I found the commander mode too unreliable. I found that I had mis-fires due to how close it was more than bright light. I went through a period of constant misflashes and got fed up. Other reason is that I get faster flashes because I don't have to wait for preflashes and signals from the on board.

Thank you. I don't think I could ever do a tripod....I just find it too much of a hinderence and it slows me down and limits my angles too much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.