Pictures of me Shooting Macros

I am putting together a photo book and needed some images of myself for the inside of the book. So I had my wife grab the camera and take a few shots of me taking some macro images. I was taking shots of an assassin bug eating what I believe to be a March Fly (look for that posting soon).

This is my primary setup which is the D90, MB-D80, 68mm kenko tube set, Tamron 180mm f3.5, SB-600, and lumiquest LQ-7 softbox.

Me looking for a bug
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is me and my posture when standing to take macros. Arms tucked in tight and very sturdy stance. Slight rocking motion for focus.

When possible I try to squat. This makes me like a human "bipod" and is much easier to focus (I even sit when it's not muddy to make myself into a tripod)

And me, smiling for the camera

I hope somebody enjoys these because I HATE having my picture taken....HATE IT BAD.

Attachments

Nice images Nate. Even with the flash I'd be looking at a tripod with your rigg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You look uncomfortable as Hell in the last one Nate lol

Fine fine images. Kudos to the Wife. I must ask though, why do you use the cord vs. commander mode?
Lol...I am always uncomfortable when I have to pose for the camera. I use the cord because I found the commander mode too unreliable. I found that I had mis-fires due to how close it was more than bright light. I went through a period of constant misflashes and got fed up. Other reason is that I get faster flashes because I don't have to wait for preflashes and signals from the on board.

Nice images Nate. Even with the flash I'd be looking at a tripod with your rigg.
Thank you. I don't think I could ever do a tripod....I just find it too much of a hinderence and it slows me down and limits my angles too much.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom