Pictures of Pitchers TTF!

I captured some photos of these high school sophomore pitchers during a game yesterday. All the photos were captured using my D300 and 300 2.8. All pictures were taken TTF (through the fence). And, this was the thick black cylcone fencing--so you'll see the effect in the diamond-like bokeh (not my favorite touch). But, something is better than nothing!

Although I first processed each photo in the crisper color version, I wanted to play with a few other effects. Please let me know if you think the post processing on the first few works or not.

p95729272-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p504940426-5.jpg

p83664471-5.jpg

p229138332-5.jpg

p357957158-5.jpg

p70168486-5.jpg

p440267626-5.jpg

p176871931-5.jpg

p303884091-5.jpg

p42693531-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Glenn,
I'm with Chris on the first three, #1 is the best since the desaturation of #2 & 3 just doesn't look right, B&W or sepia will do the trick. #4, 7, 8, 9 are winners too as are you shooting baseball in FREEZING weather like that! :eek:

Glenn,
I'm with Chris on the first three, #1 is the best since the desaturation of #2 & 3 just doesn't look right, B&W or sepia will do the trick. #4, 7, 8, 9 are winners too as are you shooting baseball in FREEZING weather like that! :eek:

Thanks Steve...

I think I'll go back and process #2 and #3 again--and probably go with B&W next time.

Thanks again,
Glenn

Are these better?

p620168956-5.jpg

p999782017-5.jpg

Thanks!

Glenn

Nice Glenn ...
our HS has the same fencing -- what are you gonna do ?
Our HS baseball season should be starting soon but the 6-10 inches of heavy snow predicted for tonight is'nt going to help ....

ron

I think the only thing you can do is to shoot wide open and press the lens against the fence. But, that doesn't always do the trick. It is even difficult to acquire focus.

It is starting to warm up here. Temps were in the mid 40's yesterday.

Glenn

I am with the rest of the gang #1 is it maybe if you just increase the deaturation a bit on #2 and #3 I know the feel you were goign for just not quite there.

I am with the rest of the gang #1 is it maybe if you just increase the deaturation a bit on #2 and #3 I know the feel you were goign for just not quite there.

Mike,

I appreciate your feedback. Sometimes, I get too close to an image and lose perspective.

I like the desaturated, vintage type look, but in attempting to achieve that it is too easy to create a dull, flat image. It's back to the drawing board on those two!

Glenn

I think these are great captures, but rather than talk about the photos, I'm tempted to criticize the mechanics of these players. LOL

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom